Unprocessed and fatty cuts of meat (like ribeyes, pork belly, and chicken thighs), in particular, help you get enough fat for energy and support ketosis while avoiding harmful additives. To reap the benefits of good nutrition, it’s best to eat a variety of meats, and don’t forget to stay within your daily carbohydrate range if you’re also consuming keto-friendly vegetables and fruits. When it comes to losing weight, improving satiety, building muscle mass, and increasing your protein on a keto diet, whey protein is a great supplement to take. Although whey protein isn’t a must for optimal health and performance, it gives you an advantage if you’re looking for specific results while doing low-carb. This is why many athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and regular
individuals swear by whey protein. Thinking of consuming whey protein on keto? Here’s more about this protein supplement, its evidence-based benefits, tips on taking whey, and potential side effects. What Is Whey Protein?Whey protein is one of the most
studied supplements that’s commonly used alongside an exercise regimen. It comes from the liquid substance in milk created during cheesemaking and is available in three types, namely:  Whey protein isolate: A pure protein source with at least
90% protein. When processing whey protein isolate, most of the fat and lactose is removed. Whey protein concentrate: Concentrate undergoes less processing than isolate and has up to 80% protein. Meanwhile, the remaining 20% is made up of carbs and fat.